Israel: More attacks on Gaza if prisoners are not released

Israel is intensifying its attacks on Hamas in the Gaza Strip. The attacks will continue until the remaining prisoners are released, Defense Minister Israel Katz said. He also announced plans to evacuate Gaza’s civilians to the south. This information was reported in a report by Arab News on Friday (March 21). After two months of temporary peace, the war has returned to Gaza. Gazans are being displaced in a desperate bid to survive as Israel ignores the ceasefire and launches an all-out campaign against Hamas.

Hamas said on Friday that it is discussing US Ambassador Steve Witkoff’s proposal and other initiatives to release prisoners, end the fighting in Gaza and withdraw Israeli forces.

Last week, Witkoff presented a proposal to extend the ceasefire until April after Ramadan and Passover and to hold permanent peace talks.

According to Katz, the more Hamas refuses to release prisoners, the more territory it will lose to Israel. He has warned of intensifying air, naval and ground attacks and expanding the ground operation until the prisoners are released.

The Israeli military began a massive bombardment of Gaza on Tuesday after talks on extending the ceasefire failed. The next day, troops were sent in for a ground operation. More than 400 Palestinians were killed in Tuesday’s airstrikes, the deadliest day in the 17-month war. The intensity of the attacks has not abated since.

Related posts

Leave a Comment